Friday, July 20, 2012

Budget Friendly Menu 7/23-7/27

I have company coming in town this week and they looooove meat! So I understand if you are a little overwhelmed with my ideas but they are sure to impress company.

Monday: TBone Steaks on the Grill & Corn on the Cob on the Husk

Griller’s delight, I am making steaks and corn on the cob grilled on the grill.  Both of these items I am picking up from Kroger because it's an awesome sale price. I am going to make my own Chive Butter, recipe below and it can be put on both the steaks and corn.

Ingredients:

Stick of unsalted butter (softened)

 ¼ cup of finely chopped chives

¼ cup of finely chopped shallots

Parchment paper

Directions for Chive Butter: Combine all three ingredients and then roll it up (like a log roll) tightly in parchment paper. Put in the fridge for an hour or so and enjoy!

Tuesday: Whole Roasted Chicken Salad

I am using the deal from Randalls (a whole chicken and a side for $9.99) and making a simple chicken salad. I put eggs, shredded carrots, cheese, and cucumbers on mine.

Wednesday: Simple Pork Loin

I am using the deal from Kroger and making a simple pork loin. I rub garlic rub and a raspberry chipotle sauce that I get from HEB and then roast it in the oven.  I will put a easy salad and roasted carrots for my side dishes.

Thursday: Chicken Fajitas

I am going to use everything from HEB’s meal deal for chicken fajitas. I am making a big buffet of sour cream, wholly guacamole, salsa, olives, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and hot sauce.  There is something for everyone.

Friday: Simple Salmon

I am getting the salmon from HEB and this is so simple I don’t know why I don’t make it more often. I rub brown sugar over salmon fillets and put them in the oven and bake it. That is it, and it tastes oh so yummy. I will make salad and potatoes for a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment